Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) listed Adapt IT today announced it has acquired 49% of Uyandiswa Project Management Services, a 100% black woman-owned project management consultancy. This forms part of its significant and increasing commitment to enterprise development and further demonstrates Adapt IT as one of South Africa’s most empowered providers of leading IT services and solutions.
“We foresee excellent synergies between our businesses, both of which are firmly established and committed to being leading broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE) companies. Adapt IT has successfully retained its level 3 B-BBEE status, is ranked the 28th most empowered company on the JSE, and sixth within the ICT sector. Uyandiswa is a 100% black woman-owned business, which is not only highly capable in ICT delivery, but favourably influences its customers’ B-BBEE scorecards,” says Sbu Shabalala, CEO of Adapt IT.
Amanda Dambuza, founder and CEO of Uyandiswa, says her company shares similar values and integrity to that of Adapt IT. She anticipates the partnership will prove to be a very successful and valuable one for all concerned: “We are committed to service excellence and have an unwavering obligation to achieve business outcomes, which is an approach that runs deep within Adapt IT.”
Dambuza has spent most of her corporate career in the financial services sector, having run large programmes for Nedbank and Firstrand. She spent time at Standard Bank before joining Barclays Africa. Her final role at Barclays Africa was that of CIO for the core services of the bank. She retains 51% of the company and says that as a certified and seasoned project management professional, Adapt IT and its customers stand to benefit from her in-depth knowledge of the financial services industry.
“Project management is a business imperative. Our mission is to optimise project delivery, to help clients grow their project management capability and increase their success in the delivery of projects, thereby increasing their bottom line. This is a mission shared by Adapt IT and I look forward to growing the collective business immensely,” concludes Dambuza.
- Uyandiswa Project Management Services (Uyandiswa) is a dynamic provider of end-to-end project management consultancy services to public and private sector clients in the southern African region.
- Uyandiswa is a Level 1 B-BBEE, 100% black woman-owned value-adding company based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Founded by Amanda Dambuza, a former divisional CIO in one of the large multinational banks in South Africa, and an Agile, PMP and PRINCE2 practitioner, the company is built on her in-depth knowledge of project management tools, techniques and a broad range of skills gained from more than 13 years of driving large-scale programmes and leading teams both in IT and business.
- Uyandiswa’s mission is to optimise project delivery. The company aims to help its clients grow their project management capability in order to increase their success in the delivery of projects, long after it has departed.
UYANDISWA VALUE PROPOSITION
- As a Level 1 B-BBEE, 100% black woman-owned value-adding company, its clients are afforded the opportunity to favourably influence their B-BBEE scorecard.
- All projects are approached, executed and measured against predetermined business objectives. The company maintains the highest possible standards of transparency and ethics, ensuring that in all its dealings, it always does the right thing for its valued customers and its people.
- The partnership with Adapt IT brings the ability to scale, bolstered capability and access to one another’s client base, new markets and growing our businesses as a collective leveraging off one another’s strengths.
- As a team of independent project management specialists, the team is equipped to overcome any internal obstacles that could potentially derail the project and remain highly objective.
- Key alliances with global leaders in the field of project management enable the company to monitor trends and keep its clients up to date with leading-edge project management techniques and methodologies, which it applies on all the projects it undertakes.
- Uyandiswa’s people are accredited by global authorities in project management and are obliged to undertake ongoing training in their areas of expertise, ensuring that clients enjoy the benefits associated with world-class proficiency.